Rhinoceros Level II course
Rhino 5 Level 2 (Intermediate) course is designed to give you a solid understanding of McNeel’s Rhinoceros software features and capabilities. Rhinoceros is a versatile 3D modeler. It is used in computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), rapid prototyping, and 3D printing within various fields, including architecture, industrial design, multimedia and graphic design. You will follow a workflow-based approach that mirrors the development of projects in the real world, learning Extended Editing Tools, Intermediate Modelling, 3D Drawing and Presentations.
Course duration: 3 full days or 6 half-days
- Customize toolbars and toolbars collections
- Create simple macros
- Use advanced object snaps
- Construct and modify curves that will be used in surface building using control point editing methods
- Evaluate curves using the curvature graph
- Use a range of strategies to build surfaces
- Rebuild surfaces and curves
- Control surface curvature continuity
- Create, manipulate, save and restore custom construction planes
- Create surfaces and features using custom construction planes
- Clean up imported files and export clean files
- Visualize, evaluate, and analyse models utilizing shading features
- Map planar curves to a surface
- Use distance and angle constraints with object snaps
Grasshopper, the generative modeling technique for Rhino
Part of the course is reserved to introduce students to the use of Grasshopper. We will focus on understanding the user interface, getting to know the different items, making simple objects, using math and more, and building advanced Grasshopper models.
After the course you will be able to:
- Fully customize your working environment, implementing it with custom shortcuts and macros.
- Work with advanced snaps and C-planes
- Evaluate curves and surfaces and work with Curvature Continuity
- Understand different strategies of generating surfaces; fit and edit complex shapes
- Import and Export models in different file formats.
- Visualize and analyze models
- Understand Grasshopper interface and learn how to take advantage of it in your workflow
- Learn how to use PanelingTools for generating advanced patterns
At the end of the course you will be given a Official Rhinoceros level 2 Certificate upon completion.
Expecially focused on Architectural modeling and Design, this course is dedicated to intermediate users who already have a basic understanding of Rhinoceros, achieved with studies, work experience or completion of Level I.
You can download Rhinoceros 5 trial version here.